The Masía Bach Gardens

The Glass Dome

Quiénes somos - La Masía

Construction work on the Bach winery-mansion commenced in 1918 under the architect José María Sala, who, before initiating the project, visited the main winegrowing regions of Italy and France in search of models of reference.

In the end, he opted for the eclecticism embodied in the Renaissance proportions and rhythm of La Toscana, but with a whiter and sunnier, purely Spanish Mediterranean air. One cannot fail to notice the contrasts throughout the building. The almost perfect symmetry of the central part of the facade is broken by the ends of the building: Spanish style windows appear under the Italianate arches. The inside patio brings reminiscences of Andalusia which are attenuated by the classicism of its columns and the glass dome that towers above whereas the interior rooms combine aristocratic elegance with the colourfulness of Mediterranean ceramics.

Thus the Bach brothers' ambitious and innovative endeavour is reflected in the estate's current aspect, with its magnificent centre palace mansion, the sprawling esplanade at the entrance, the serene inside patio and the mansion's luxurious salons.

After Bach was bought by the Codorníu Group, a series of extensions and remodelling work were undertaken giving the winery its current appearance. In 1988, the architect Domingo Triay designed a new bottling and expedition facility and a barrel room was built in 2001. These changes have at all times respected the main lines of the original construction.

The winery in images

©2008 BACH. All rights reserved. BACH is a winery belonging to Grupo Codornìu

Wine can only be enjoyed in moderation - Art de Vivre